Plastic isn't just made of plastic, it also contains vinyl, nylon, silicone and rubber. Each type of plastic has its own specifications and benefits.
- Consider using rubber caps and plugs if you're looking for flexible caps that are extremely tolerant to heat (up to 315 degrees Celsius).
- Silicone caps and plugs are medium resistant to heat (up to 246 degrees Celsius), but are very flexible and providing a thight seal, so useful as noise inhibitors.
- Vinyl caps and plugs are the most economical choice if heat resistance is not crucial.
- Nylon caps and plugs are strong and suitable for a range of base materials.
- Consider metal caps and plugs if extra durability and strenght are needed such as harsh environmental conditions.