Sterlite Industries, the first private sector smelter in India, has a reputation for efficient, environmentally friendly operations.
In 2003-04 Sterlite decided to upgrade their process control operations and increase copper smelter production capacity. This required a new larger ISASMELT furnace and associated waste heat boiler, rotary holding furnace, ESP, acid plant and refinery.
- Control system and instrumentation design for ISASMELT furnace and feed preparation area
- Control system configuration for ISASMELT, feed preparation, ESP, waste heat boiler
- Control system training
- Supply of lance hoist control equipment packages
- Commissioning assistance
- Yokogawa Centum CS3000 DCS
- Siemens PLC for hoist package
- Siemens Flux Vector Drive.
Sterlite Industries now boasts a smooth operation with an increase in production capacity from 150,000 to 300,000 tonnes per year. Sterlite was recently awarded a five star rating by the British Safety Council. This is the first time a copper smelter has been awarded such a high rating.
Click here to download project profile.